Split peas carrot soup
What you need:
• 1 teaspoon oil
• 1 onion, chopped
• 2 carrots, peeled and cut
• 200g dry split peas, rinsed
• 2 litres vegetable stock (I usually make 2 litres of this soup so I adjust the amount of my stock according to this)
• Salt, pepper
How to make it:
1. In a big soup pot heat up the oil. Add onion and cook till tender. (Add a splash of water to prevent the onion from burning if you need to).
2. Add carrots and peas and mix it well.
3. Add salt, pepper, vegetable stock and cook till carrots and peas are tender.
4. Transfer your soup to the blender and blend it till smooth.
5. Put it back to your soup pot, taste it and add more seasoning if desired.
This soup makes around 4 portions. So share it with your loved ones or store it in the fridge.
You can freeze leftover soup.
Buy your beans & legumes in a bulk shop (if available) or in the biggest possible packaging in order to reduce your waste.
I always cook my beans/chickpeas in advance and I store them portioned in the freezer.
If you fancy different kind of soup, have a look at these