Sweet potato mushrooms risotto
What you need:
• 1 teaspoon oil
• 1 onion, chopped
• 1.5 inch fresh ginger, peeled and grated
• 3 garlics, grated
• 1 teaspoon turmeric powdered
• 1 big sweet potato, cut into squares
• 10 mushrooms, cut into chunks
• 2 cups rice brown
• 3 tablespoon soy sauce
• 1 tablespoon vinegar apple cider
• salt, black pepper
• Corn starch or any other preferred thickener (in case only)
How to make it:
1. Pre-cook your rice (2 cups of rice in 4 cups vegetable broth) black pepper.
2. Heat up the oil in a big pot. Add onion and cook till tender (add water to prevent the onion from burning if you need to) add garlic, ginger, turmeric and cook for another 30 second.
3. Add mushrooms, black pepper, mix it well and cook for 3 – 4 minutes.
4. Add sweet potatoes, mix it, add water till sweet potatoes are just covered.
5. Add soy sauce, vinegar, mix it and bring it to the boil.
6. When boiling, decrease the temperature to medium and cook uncovered till your potatoes are soft. The liquid will be slowly evaporating.
7. When your potatoes are soft and you have still a lot of liquid in the pot, take few tablespoon of that liquid into the cup and mix it with corn starch till you have smooth liquidy paste. And pour it back to the pot. Mix it well. Your sauce should become more thick. If not repeat the procedure.
8. When the sauce have the thickness you desire, taste it and add more seasoning if you want to.
9. Mix it with your cooked rice.
Risottos are always the most delicious served immediately.
When you make it take a picture and post it in our community chat. Would love to see it.
If you fancy different risotto