Sweet & sour veggie chickpea stir fry
What you need:
• 1 teaspoon oil
• 1 onion, chopped
• 2 carrots, peeled to slices
• 2 bell pepper, cut to strips
• 400g cooked chickpeas
• Salt, pepper
• 500ml homemade sweet & sour sauce
How to make it:
1. In a pan heat up the oil, add onion and cook till tender. (Add a splash of water to prevent the onion from burning if you need to).
2. Add bell pepper, salt, pepper and cook till your bell pepper is half tender.
3. Add carrot slices and cook till carrots gets softer.
4. Add cooked chickpeas, mix it well.
5. Add your made sweet & sour sauce and cook for another 2 – 3 minutes.
6. Taste it, add more seasoning if desired.
This dish makes around 4 portions.
You can freeze leftover sauce.
Buy your beans & legumes in a bulk shop (if available) or in the biggest possible packaging in order to reduce your waste.
I always cook my beans/chickpeas in advance and I store them portioned in the freezer.
When you make it take a picture and post it in our community chat. Would love to see it.
If you fancy different pasta sauce, see these
Peanut butter spinach ginger sauce
I used my hand peeler to peel my carrots