Spinach mushroom risotto in tomato sauce
What you need:
• 1 teaspoon oil
• 1 onion, chopped
• 1 garlic
• 5 medium tomatoes, cut
• 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
• salt, pepper
• 10 medium mushrooms, cut into cubes
• 200g spinach, fresh
• 2 cups vegetable broth
• 2 cups whole grain rice
How to make it:
1. In a big pot heat up the oil, add onion and cook till tender. (Add a splash of water to prevent the onion from burning if you need to).
2. Add mushrooms salt, pepper and mix it well. Cook covered for couple of minutes.
3. Meanwhile put into a blender tomatoes, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and blend it to a smooth tomato sauce.
4. Add the tomato sauce to your mushrooms mixture and cook it for couple of minutes.
5. Add rice and mix it well.
6. Add vegetable broth, mix it well and cook till your rice is tender. Add more water if you need to.
7. When ready, add spinach and mix it well.
8. Taste it and add more seasoning if you desire.
Risottos are always the most delicious served immediately.
When you make it take a picture and post it in our community chat. Would love to see it.
If you fancy different risotto