Mushroom bean burgers with sesame seeds
What you need:
• 1 teaspoon oil
• 1 onion, finely chopped
• 2 garlic, grated
• 10 mushrooms, chopped
• 100g dried red kidney beans, cook your kidney beans ahead
• 50g oats or more depend on the consistency of the burgers, blended in the blender for a flour
• 2 teaspoon or more cumin, ground
• 1 teaspoon or more oregano, dried
• 2 tablespoon sesame seeds
• Salt, pepper
How to make it:
1. Heat the oil in the sauce pan, add onion and cook till tender. Add garlic and cook another 30 seconds.
2. Add mushrooms, cumin, oregano, salt and pepper mix well and cook covered till mushrooms are tender. When ready add cooked kidney beans and mix it well. Put the mixture aside to cool it down little bit.
3. Put the mixture into the food processor and pulse it few times to get rough texture. Pour the mixture to the mixing bowl add oat flour and sesame seeds. Mix it well. Taste it and add more seasoning if you desire.
4. Preheat your oven and lightly oil your tray.
5. Lightly wet your hands and make burgers, the size as you wish.
6. Put them into a preheated oven 200 degrees Celsius for 30 minutes or depends of your oven.
7. Take them out of the oven and let them cool down – they will get crispy from outside while cooling down (around 10 minutes). I also like to turn them to the other side to get crispy surface from both side.
This recipe makes around 12 burgers but it depends on how big or small you will make your burgers.
Buy your beans & legumes in a bulk shop (if available) or in the biggest possible packaging in order to reduce your waste. I always cook my beans/chickpeas in advance and I store them portioned in the freezer.
When you make it take a picture and post it in our community chat. Would love to see it.
I like to eat them with mash potatoes or with my soups or as a snack.
If you fancy different burgers