Pea spinach green burgers
What you need:
• 500g frozen peas
• 200g fresh spinach, cut
• 1 teaspoon oil
• 1 onion, chopped
• 3 garlics, grated
• 20g chia or flax seeds, ground
• 100g oats, blended in the food processor for a flour
• Salt, Pepper
How to make them:
1. Cook the peas according to the instruction on the pack.
2. In the pan heat up an oil and add onion, cook till tender. (Add a splash of water to prevent the onion from burning if you need to). Add garlic and cook for another 30 seconds. Put it aside.
3. Blend 100g of oats in the food processor to get a flour (make sure that your food processor is dry otherwise the oats will stick to the walls and they won’t blend).
4. Place your cooked peas into a bigger bowl and with a potato masher, mash them up.
5. Add spinach, cooked onion with garlic, salt, pepper and mix it well.
6. Add oat flour, chia or flax seeds and mix it well.
7. Taste it and add more seasoning if you desire.
8. Preheat your oven.
9. Lightly oil your tray.
10. Wet your hands and make your burgers the size you prefer.
11. Bake them in the oven at 180 degrees for 30 minutes or depending of your oven. Check it regularly.
12. Take your burgers out of the oven. They will feel crispy from outside and soft from inside.
13. Let them cool down little bit around 5 minutes and then turn them to the other side. So this way they will get crispy on both side.
This recipe makes around 10 burgers but it depends on how big or small you will make your burgers.
This type of green burgers are great when you want to incorporate more greens into your diet. You enjoy your burger and you don’t even know that you are eating spinach as well. I love it.
When you make it take a picture and post it in our community chat. Would love to see it.
I like to eat them with mash potatoes or with my soups or as a snack.
If you fancy different burgers
Once I had these burgers with Rocket spinach sweet potato soup and it was such an yummy green combo