Sweet potato bean burgers
What you need:
• 1 large sweet potato, unpeeled, washed cut into 4 parts
• 1/2 cup brown rice
• 2 cups cooked kidney beans
• Salt, pepper
• 2 teaspoon cumin, ground
• 1 cup oats (more or less depends on the moisture consistency)
How to make them:
1. Heat up your oven. Lightly oil your tray and place your potato on it. Bake it at 200 degrees for 30 minutes (or according to your oven) till the potato is done. When ready put aside.
2. Meanwhile cook your rice. When ready put aside.
3. Place rice, potato and kidney beans to the food processor and pulse it few time till you get kind of combined rough mixture.
4. Transfer it to the mixing bowl, add salt, pepper, cumin and mix it well.
5. Add 1/2 oats, mix it and see if you need more. The mixture should not be either very dry or wet.
6. Taste your burger mixture and add more seasoning if you desire.
7. Lightly oil your tray.
8. Wet your hands and make your burgers the size you prefer.
9. Bake them in the oven at 200 degrees for 30 minutes or depending of your oven. Check it regularly.
10. Take your burgers out of the oven. They will feel crispy from outside and soft from inside.
11. Let them cool down little bit around 5 minutes and then turn them to the other side. So this way they will get crispy on both side.
This recipe makes around 14 burgers but it depends on how big or small you will make your burgers.
Buy your beans & legumes in a bulk shop (if available) or in the biggest possible packaging in order to reduce your waste. I always cook my beans/chickpeas in advance and I store them portioned in the freezer.
I like to eat them with mash potatoes or with my soups or as a snack.
When you make it take a picture and post it in our community chat. Would love to see it.
If you fancy different burgers