Creamy tomato garlic sauce
What you need:
• 1 teaspoon oil
• 1 onion, chopped
• 3 big garlics, grated
• 5 tomatoes, cut into chunks
• 50g oats
• 500ml water
• 1 tablespoons sugar, granulated
• Salt, pepper
How to make it:
1. In the pot heat up the oil. Add onion and cook till tender (add splash of water to prevent the onion from burning if you need to). Add garlic and cook for another 30 seconds.
2. Add tomatoes, salt, pepper and mix it well. Cook till your tomatoes start to fall apart, turning to a sauce.
3. Place your oats and water into a high speed blender. Leave it there for 15 minutes. Then blend it till smooth.
4. Pour your oat liquid into your tomato sauce and mix it well.
5. Transfer the whole sauce into the blender and blend it till smooth. Pour it back into the pot.
6. Taste it before adding sugar and see if you need it and add more seasoning or sugar if you desire.
This recipe makes around 4 portions.
You can freeze leftover sauce.
When you make it take a picture and post it in our community chat. Would love to see it.
If you fancy different pasta sauce, see these