Creamy bell pepper sauce
What you need:
• 1 teaspoon oil
• 1 onion, chopped
• 3 garlics, grated
• 2 big red bell peppers, cut into stripes
• 4 tablespoons or more nutritional yeast
• 100g oats
• 1 litre water
• Salt, Pepper
How to make it:
1. Heat up oil in the pot, add onion and cook till tender. (Add a splash of water to prevent the onion from burning if you need to). Add garlic and cook for another 30 seconds.
2. Add bell peppers, salt, pepper, mix it well. Cook for about 10 minutes.
3. Put your oats into the blender with water. Let it sit till you cook your bell peppers.
4. Blend your oats and then add to your blender the bell pepper mixture and blend it till smooth.
5. Transfer your pepper sauce back into the pot. Add nutritional yeast and mix it well.
6. Simmer it for few minutes till your sauce will get thicker.
7. Taste it and add more seasoning and nutritional yeast if you desire.
This recipe makes around 4 portions.
You can freeze leftover sauce.
When you make it take a picture and post it in our community chat. Would love to see it.
More recipes with nutritional yeast
Spinach lasagna with tofu cheese
If you fancy different pasta sauce, see these
Peanut butter spinach ginger sauce
Sweet & sour veggie chickpeas stir fry