Tomato red lentil sauce
What you need:
• 1 teaspoon oil
• 1 onion, chopped
• 3 garlic, grated
• 10 fresh tomatoes, cut
• 300g dried red lentils, washed
• 1 cup sweetcorn
• 1 tablespoon or more dried oregano
• salt and pepper
How to make it:
1. Heat up the oil add onion and cook till tender (add splash of water to prevent the onion from burning), add garlic and cook for a few seconds.
2. Add tomatoes, salt, pepper, mix it well and cook covered for 10 minutes.
3. Add oregano, red lentils, mix it well and cook covered till your lentils are soft.
4. Add sweetcorn and cook covered for another 5 minutes.
5. Taste it and add more seasoning or oregano if desired
6. Enjoy it with bulgur or brown rice
This recipe makes 3 – 4 portions.
You can freeze the leftover meal.
Buy your beans & legumes in a bulk shop (if available) or in the biggest possible packaging in order to reduce your waste. I always cook my beans/chickpeas in advance and I store them portioned in the freezer.
Please subscribe to my YouTube channel - Healthy lifestyle
Join my Facebook group Healthy lifestyle with Inkka about fitness, yoga, plant based lifestyle and meditations
When you make it, take a picture and tag me in your picture on my instagram @inkka.healthylifestyle
More recipes with tomatoes
Cherry tomatoes celery lime soup
Spinach mushroom risotto in tomato sauce