Tomato red lentil sauce
What you need:
• 1 teaspoon oil
• 1 onion, chopped
• 3 garlic, grated
• 10 fresh tomatoes, cut
• 300g dried red lentils, washed
• 1 cup sweetcorn
• 1 tablespoon or more dried oregano
• salt and pepper
How to make it:
1. Heat up the oil add onion and cook till tender (add splash of water to prevent the onion from burning), add garlic and cook for a few seconds.
2. Add tomatoes, salt, pepper, mix it well and cook covered for 10 minutes.
3. Add oregano, red lentils, mix it well and cook covered till your lentils are soft.
4. Add sweetcorn and cook covered for another 5 minutes.
5. Taste it and add more seasoning or oregano if desired
6. Enjoy it with bulgur or brown rice
This recipe makes 3 – 4 portions.
You can freeze the leftover meal.
Buy your beans & legumes in a bulk shop (if available) or in the biggest possible packaging in order to reduce your waste. I always cook my beans/chickpeas in advance and I store them portioned in the freezer.
When you make it take a picture and post it in our community chat. Would love to see it.
More recipes with tomatoes