Cherry tomatoes celery lime soup
What you need:
• 1 teaspoon oil
• 1 onion, chopped
• 4 celery stalks, chopped
• 500g cherry tomatoes, halved (you can replace them with any other tomatoes, choose ripe and sweet)
• 250g dried split peas, rinsed
• 1.5 litres vegetable stock (I usually make 2 litres of this soup so I adjust the amount of my stock according to this)
• 1 lime, squeezed
• Salt, pepper
How to make it:
1. In a big soup pot heat up the oil, add onion and cook till tender. (Add a splash of water to prevent the onion from burning if you need to).
2. Add celery, salt, pepper, mix it well and cook for 3 minutes.
3. Add tomatoes, mix it well and cook for another 3 minutes.
4. Add split peas, mix it well.
5 Add vegetable broth and cook till split peas is cooked.
6. When cooked add squeezed lime.
7. Transfer your soup to the blender and blend it till smooth.
8. Put it back to your soup pot, taste it and add more seasoning if desired.
This soup makes around 4 portions so share it with your loved ones or store it in the fridge.
You can freeze leftover soup.
When you make it take a picture and post it in our community chat. Would love to see it.
If you fancy different kind of soup, have a look at these