What you need:
• 1 cup almonds, soaked overnight or at least for 1 hour
• 3 cups water
• salt, pinch
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
To sweeten your milk
• 1 tablespoon or more depends on how sweet you want to have your milk, any liquid sweetener (maple syrup, agave syrup…)
• Little bit of cinnamon
How to make it:
1. Drain your almonds.
2. Put drained almonds into your blender with 3 cups of water. Blend it for around 1 – 2 minutes.
3. Strain your almond milk through fine sieve.
4. Put your almond pulp into the separate bowl (you can use it for next day breakfast if you want to. In this case store it covered in the fridge)
5. Add into your almond milk salt and vanilla extract (if using) and stir it . If some of the recipe what you make calls for unsweetened milk you can use this one. Otherwise add your favourite sweetener if you want to make your milk sweet. Taste it and add more sweetener if you desire.
6. Transfer your milk into your jar.
7. Enjoy with your favourite breakfast.
Store your milk covered in the fridge for up 3 to days.
Before using shake your milk thoroughly because homemade milk does separate (there are no added emulsifiers).
Have a look at more homemade basic recipes
When you make it take a picture and post it in our community chat. Would love to see it.
Recipes where you can use this milk
Sunflower pumpkin seeds coconut granola