Sweet potato ginger coconut milk soup
What you need:
• 1 teaspoon oil
• 1 onion, chopped
• 3 garlics, grated
• 5 carrots, cut
• 1 sweet potatoes, cut into squares
• 1 teaspoon curry powder
• 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
• 1 teaspoon cumin powder
• 1 inch fresh ginger, cut into 4 pieces
• 1 orange, squeezed
• 2 litres vegetable broth (I usually make 2 litres of this soup so I adjust the amount of my stock according to this)
• Salt, Pepper
• 250 ml homemade coconut milk
How to make it:
1. In a soup pot heat up the oil, add onion and cook till tender. (Add a splash of water to prevent the onion from burning if you need to). Add garlic and cook for another 30 minutes.
2. Add carrots, sweet potato, ginger. Mix it well and cook for 3 minutes.
3. Add all seasoning, mix it well and cook for another 3 minutes.
4. Add vegetable broth and orange and cook till your veggies are half cooked.
5. Add coconut milk and cook till your vegetables are tender.
6. Transfer your soup into a blender and blend it till smooth.
7. Put it back into the soup pot.
8. Taste it and add more seasoning if desired.
If you like little bit spicier food, add more turmeric. Ginger & turmeric combination goes very well together for me.
This soup makes around 4 portions so share it with your loved ones or store it in the fridge.
You can freeze leftover soup.
When you make it take a picture and post it in our community chat. Would love to see it.
If you fancy different kind of soup, have a look at these